Employment at Yukon College
Casual Web Designer
Competition Number: HR 16.129
College & External Relations
Dependent on Education and Experience
Ayamdigut (Whitehorse) Campus
Initial Review Date: Monday, December 12, 2016
Our College and External Relations Division is seeking an experienced Web Designer at the Whitehorse (Ayamdigut) campus to consult on the UX/UI design as well as provide dynamic visual designs for the final layout of our new website.
- Develop a visual layout in line with Yukon College’s visual identity guidelines and consult on the usability, accessibility and user interaction of the suggested wireframe and layout for our newly designed responsive website;
- Meet with Yukon College’s Marketing Manager and Senior Web Developer to identify needs and liaising with them on progress, technical considerations and requirements within the deliverables/timeline outlined;
- Working with Yukon College’s Senior Web Developer to finalize design and ensure viability, great user experience and support of design and technical requirements of overall site that reflect national post-secondary institution standards;
- Consultation on usability, accessibility, user interaction, highlighting of content, and text size, uses of imagery, callouts and sample page layouts;
- Presenting visual style guide, incorporating feedback into final version;
- Design of graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs.
- University degree or College Diploma in Web and/or Graphic Design or related field;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in designing and developing Web applications and tools to include;
- Experience with improving usability, ease of use, and enjoyment between product and user;
- Experience with look and feel, presentation and interactivity of a product graphic;
- Experience with photography and audio/video processing software;
- Experience with web accessibility standards and their implementation (WCAG);
- Experience working in a client service based environment
- Basic HTML and CSS skills;
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop software.
For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quoting the competition number, please send your resume to:
Human Resource Services
Yukon College, Box 2799
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5K4
Fax #: (867) 668-8896
Applicants should clearly outline all relevant qualifications since selection for interview will be based on applications submitted. A statement of qualifications, which outlines the selection standards, and a position description are available in PDF format for all Bargaining Unit positions, by following the links above.
Please be prepared to provide official transcripts upon request.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.