Employment at Yukon College
Competition Number: HR 16.72
Centre for Northern Innovation in Mining
$30.09 per hour. On call position from September 16, 2016 to March 31, 2017
Initial Review Date: Friday, January 06, 2017
Are you interested in tutoring part-time?
The Centre for Northern Innovation in Mining is looking for enthusiastic and energetic part-time rural tutors to support students enrolled in trade programs.
- Providing academic skill support (math, computer literacy, science and Engligh)
- Helping students access an online learning system (Moodle)
- Providing content-specific support in various trades programs
- Strong math and computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience tutoring and/or instructing
- Experience being a student or instructing in a post-secondary institution
Hands on trades experience would be considered an asset.
Quoting the competition number, please send your resume to:
Human Resource Services
Yukon College, Box 2799
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5K4
Fax #: (867) 668-8896
Applicants should clearly outline all relevant qualifications since selection for interview will be based on applications submitted. A statement of qualifications, which outlines the selection standards, and a position description are available in PDF format for all Bargaining Unit positions, by following the links above.
Please be prepared to provide official transcripts upon request.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.