This is a list of the AV equipment available to Faculty and Staff. To place a request, fill the AV request form.
Important: Please submit your request at least 2 business days advance.
- MP3 Digital Voice Recorder - 70 hour record time
- CD player - portable unit with power cord
- Computer Speakers
- Conference telephone (Polycom)
- VOIP conference phones
- Oak Microphone Podium
- Portable Microphone Podium
- Public Announcement Systems
- Wireless and Handheld Microphones
- Digital Cameras - SD card memory
- Data Projectors for software presentations or DVD projection
- DVD players with HDMI
- Flip Chart - with paper
- LCD flat screen TVs - on a mobile cart
- Overhead projector - displays overhead transparencies onto a projection screen
- Projector Screen
- Slide projector - comes with slide changer and carousel, if requested
- Video camera (SD card memory) - with transformer, power cord and tripod, if requested. Some models may have a battery pack. SD cards can be purchased at a price of $5.00 each (instructors only)
- Web Cams
- Laptops - loaded with Win7 or Win 10 and Office 2013
The Library also has various connector cables and adapters for several kinds of equipment. Adapters for iPad are also available.
Jerry Kearn is the audio-visual technician who provides audio-visual equipment and assistance to users of Yukon College facilities. He can be found in the College Library between 7:30am and 11:15am and 12:30pm to 4:15pm Monday to Friday.
A large number of classrooms are equipped with a suite of permanently placed audio-visual equipment, usually a computer, TV, DVD player, overhead projector, and screen. Please use the Room Bookings System to book a room and check the equipment already available in the space.
It is vital that bookings be made in advance. Last minute requests can only rarely be accommodated, as equipment will likely be in use elsewhere.
You can make your booking by using this web-based booking form. Please book at least 2 business days ahead.
Bookings can be made for a single date or for continuous use through the term, e.g. every Wednesday 2-4 p.m.
When using a piece of equipment for the first time, it is a good idea to make an appointment with Jerry beforehand to get instructions in its use. This will save you time in the end!
Equipment is for use on campus only, with exceptions being made for use at community campuses. Please make arrangements with Jerry.
Pick-up or delivery?
Large pieces of equipment can be placed in classrooms, whereas smaller items must be picked up and signed out at the Circulation Desk in the library. Jerry will let you know at the time of booking. This means that you may need a library card; your staff card is your library card. Sessional instructors can be issued a library card upon request by the division. [Hide]