Setting up a Library Account (also applies to Distance Students)
- Fill the Library Cards for Community Campuses form to request a library account. Fill *all* the required information.
- The Library will send an email to the applicant confirming the account creation and other details.
- Library accounts will be valid until the end of the student's term. If you start a new term, you must renew your library account by filling another form.
Borrowing Materials from YC Library Collection
- Search for a book or topic using our Online Catalogue.
- Fill the Interlibrary Loan Request form to request the book.
- Items will be sent to the community campus indicated in the ILL request form and can be returned to the Whitehorse Campus by College mail system or in person.
- Items from our collection can be loaned for 4 weeks, with the possibility of two renewals.
Using the Library Databases
- If on campus, go to the Articles Page and click "Search All Databases" or "Databases by Subject"*.
- Click on the database link to start searching.
- If off campus, go to the Articles Page and click on "Find Articles: Databases from Home".
- Enter your library barcode number and password.
- Click on the database link of your interest to start searching. If unsure about what database is good for your topic, refer to the subject guides page for help.
- For further help with database search, check the Database Help and Research Techniques pages, or contact us.
* If you have problems connecting to the database, try the Remote Patron Resources page and follow the same rules for off campus use.