We can help you achieve your educational goals. A lack of financial support can be a barrier. Yukon College and our donors understand the value of an education. That's why we offer several financial awards to help support your educational and living costs. There are three types of awards:
Scholarship: A scholarship is given in recognition of academic excellence.
Bursary: A bursary is given based on demonstrated financial need.
Award: An award is a general category that may include a number of criteria such as community contributions, leadership, extra-curricular activities, academic achievement or financial need, among others.
To learn more about an award and see whether you are eligible to apply, click on the award name. Each award has different criteria.
How to apply
To apply for any award or for multiple awards, there is a single application and waiver. Students will complete ONE application and waiver, identify the awards to which they are applying, and submit any additional application materials separately.
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY! New awards are frequently added to this page.
Applications can be submitted in person at the Student Services Centre, Ayamdigut Campus, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please contact the Student Services Centre at 867.668.8720.
In addition to the awards listed here, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance through Yukon Government programs and First Nation Funding programs. Visit the Financial Assistance page to learn more.
BDO Canada LLP Scholarship: $2,000
Application Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2016
For more than 90 years, BDO Canada LLP has been providing accounting, tax and advisory services to a broad range of clients across Canada. With offices in communities from Vancouver to St. John’s to Whitehorse, and in more than 1400 offices worldwide, their professionals combine personalized, local advice and service with national, and international, resources and experience.
As part of their commitment to Yukon and Yukoners, BDO Canada would like to provide a $2000 scholarship to a Yukon student enrolled full-time in the Business Administration Diploma.
• Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
• Registered in the Business Administration Diploma program;
• Successfully completed Introductory Financial Accounting I and II with a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
• Registered for Finance I and/or Finance II;
• Provide a maximum 200 word letter describing how the Business Administration program aligns with their career goals in accounting, finance or other relevant area.
• Ability to meet above criteria;
• Highest GPA of all eligible applicants;
• In the event of a tie, the letter can be used to break the tie.