We can help you achieve your educational goals. A lack of financial support can be a barrier. Yukon College and our donors understand the value of an education. That's why we offer several financial awards to help support your educational and living costs. There are three types of awards:
Scholarship: A scholarship is given in recognition of academic excellence.
Bursary: A bursary is given based on demonstrated financial need.
Award: An award is a general category that may include a number of criteria such as community contributions, leadership, extra-curricular activities, academic achievement or financial need, among others.
All applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
To learn more about an award and see whether you are eligible to apply, click on the award name. Each award has different criteria.
How to apply
To apply for any award or for multiple awards, there is a single application and waiver. Students will complete ONE application and waiver, identify the awards to which they are applying, and submit any additional application materials separately.
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY! New awards are frequently added to this page.
Applications can be submitted in person at the Student Services Centre, Ayamdigut Campus, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please contact the Student Services Centre at 867.668.8720.
In addition to the awards listed here, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance through Yukon Government programs and First Nation Funding programs. Visit the Financial Assistance page to learn more.
EDI Down to Earth Biology Award: $1,000
Application Deadline: Friday, September 29, 2017
EDI Environmental Dynamics Inc. (http://www.edynamics.com) focuses on living things and where they live. A consulting company with over two decades of experience, EDI offices can be found in 7 locations in western and northern Canada. In Yukon EDI has worked for developers, First Nations and governments and has developed a reputation for provide practical advice and effective results. EDI would like to provide a $1,000 award to a second year Yukon College student in the Renewable Resources diploma or Northern Environmental and Conservation Sciences degree program.
• be Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
• be full-time Yukon College students;
• provide official transcripts with proof of registration for the current semester, showing a GPA of 3.0 (B) or higher;
• be enrolled in the second or subsequent year of Renewable Resources diploma or Northern Environmental and Conservation Sciences degree program;
• provide 500 words on The Role of Environmental Consultants in in the Yukon. EDI’s website is a good starting place for your research.
• Ability to meet above mandatory criteria
• Your understanding of the role of environmental consultants in the Yukon, as assessed by the selection committee