We can help you achieve your educational goals. A lack of financial support can be a barrier. Yukon College and our donors understand the value of an education. That's why we offer several financial awards to help support your educational and living costs. There are three types of awards:
Scholarship: A scholarship is given in recognition of academic excellence.
Bursary: A bursary is given based on demonstrated financial need.
Award: An award is a general category that may include a number of criteria such as community contributions, leadership, extra-curricular activities, academic achievement or financial need, among others.
All applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
To learn more about an award and see whether you are eligible to apply, click on the award name. Each award has different criteria.
How to apply
To apply for any award or for multiple awards, there is a single application and waiver. Students will complete ONE application and waiver, identify the awards to which they are applying, and submit any additional application materials separately.
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY! New awards are frequently added to this page.
Applications can be submitted in person at the Student Services Centre, Ayamdigut Campus, or electronically to email@example.com. For more information please contact the Student Services Centre at 867.668.8720.
In addition to the awards listed here, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance through Yukon Government programs and First Nation Funding programs. Visit the Financial Assistance page to learn more.
JT Ritter Bursary: $1,000
Application Deadline: Friday, September 29, 2017
In recognition of the difficulties of returning to school following an absence from educational pursuits, JT Ritter wishes to make an annual bursary for $1,000 available.
- Registered full time at Yukon College;
- Returning to school after having been away from education for a minimum of three years;
- Provide a paragraph, with name and planned program of study, identifying how this program aligns with the student’s goals;
- Provide documentation of financial need.
- Meet all eligibility criteria;
- Students may receive the award twice. Preference goes to those who have not received it in the past;
- The award may be split and given to two students, if there are two that are equally qualified;
- If students who have been out of the education system for a minimum of three years don’t apply, a student who has been out for a minimum of one year could receive this bursary.