Nicole Lacroix
Enrolment Management Advisor
t: 867-668-8844

Financial Awards

We can help you achieve your educational goals. A lack of financial support can be a barrier. Yukon College and our donors understand the value of an education. That's why we offer several financial awards to help support your educational and living costs. There are three types of awards:

Scholarship: A scholarship is given in recognition of academic excellence.

Bursary: A bursary is given based on demonstrated financial need.

Award: An award is a general category that may include a number of criteria such as community contributions, leadership, extra-curricular activities, academic achievement or financial need, among others.

All applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.0.

To learn more about an award and see whether you are eligible to apply, click on the award name. Each award has different criteria.

How to apply

To apply for any award or for multiple awards, there is a single application and waiver. Students will complete ONE application and waiver, identify the awards to which they are applying, and submit any additional application materials separately.

CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY! New awards are frequently added to this page.

Applications can be submitted in person at the Student Services Centre, Ayamdigut Campus, or electronically to For more information please contact the Student Services Centre at 867.668.8720.

Other funding

In addition to the awards listed here, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance through Yukon Government programs and First Nation Funding programs. Visit the Financial Assistance page to learn more.


Nacho Nyak Dun Award: $250
Application Form


The First Nation of Nacho Nyak Dun understands the role and importance of post- secondary education in ensuring personal success.  It therefore wishes to support Nacho Nyak Dun citizens in their pursuit of post-secondary education.

Eligibility Criteria:

  • Nacho Nyak Dun citizen; 
  • Full-time student in a credit program at Yukon College;
  • Completed the application form.

Award recipients who fail to complete the term in which they received the award will be required to repay the award.

Completed application forms can be handed in to the Admissions and Registration Office.