We can help you achieve your educational goals. A lack of financial support can be a barrier. Yukon College and our donors understand the value of an education. That's why we offer several financial awards to help support your educational and living costs. There are three types of awards:
Scholarship: A scholarship is given in recognition of academic excellence.
Bursary: A bursary is given based on demonstrated financial need.
Award: An award is a general category that may include a number of criteria such as community contributions, leadership, extra-curricular activities, academic achievement or financial need, among others.
All applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
To learn more about an award and see whether you are eligible to apply, click on the award name. Each award has different criteria.
How to apply
To apply for any award or for multiple awards, there is a single application and waiver. Students will complete ONE application and waiver, identify the awards to which they are applying, and submit any additional application materials separately.
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY! New awards are frequently added to this page.
Applications can be submitted in person at the Student Services Centre, Ayamdigut Campus, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please contact the Student Services Centre at 867.668.8720.
In addition to the awards listed here, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance through Yukon Government programs and First Nation Funding programs. Visit the Financial Assistance page to learn more.
Prochazka Family Youth-in Care Bursary: $500
Application Deadline: Wednesday, January 31, 2018
The Prozchazka family offers a $500 bursary for a student pursuing post-secondary education at Yukon College who has also been a youth-in-care.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Currently residing in the Yukon;
- Has been a youth-in-care in the Yukon child welfare system;
- Enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited certificate, diploma or degree program at Yukon College (with the exception of College upgrading);
- Enrolled in second semester at Yukon College; and
- Evidence of financial need as shown through the application budget.
- Meets above eligibility criteria.
- Priorities considered by selection committee: First priority is your demonstrated financial need, the second priority is if you are a member of a First Nation without a modern-day treaty, and third priority is if you work to support your education.