We can help you achieve your educational goals. A lack of financial support can be a barrier. Yukon College and our donors understand the value of an education. That's why we offer several financial awards to help support your educational and living costs. There are three types of awards:
Scholarship: A scholarship is given in recognition of academic excellence.
Bursary: A bursary is given based on demonstrated financial need.
Award: An award is a general category that may include a number of criteria such as community contributions, leadership, extra-curricular activities, academic achievement or financial need, among others.
To learn more about an award and see whether you are eligible to apply, click on the award name. Each award has different criteria.
How to apply
To apply for any award or for multiple awards, there is a single application and waiver. Students will complete ONE application and waiver, identify the awards to which they are applying, and submit any additional application materials separately.
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY! New awards are frequently added to this page.
Applications can be submitted in person at the Student Services Centre, Ayamdigut Campus, or electronically to email@example.com. For more information please contact the Student Services Centre at 867.668.8720.
In addition to the awards listed here, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance through Yukon Government programs and First Nation Funding programs. Visit the Financial Assistance page to learn more.
Royal Canadian Legion Ladies’ Auxiliary Elizabeth (Betty) Williams Award: $1,000
Application Deadline: Friday, September 29, 2017
- Canadian citizen or permanant resident;
- Have been a Yukon resident for at least two years as of the date of the award application;
- Registered as a full-time student in Yukon College's Culinary Arts Program;
- Preference will be given to applicants who are members of either the Royal Canadian Legion or the Ladies Auxiliary of the Royal Canadian Legion, or their families;
- Demonstrated financial need;
- Provide a brief letter outlining:
- the reasons why the student chose this program
- the students plans for the future
- a personal monthly expense budget, also indicating any funding that the student receives
Application must include:
- Complete Application Form;
- Letter outlining how the applicant meets the above criteria.