We can help you achieve your educational goals. A lack of financial support can be a barrier. Yukon College and our donors understand the value of an education. That's why we offer several financial awards to help support your educational and living costs. There are three types of awards:
Scholarship: A scholarship is given in recognition of academic excellence.
Bursary: A bursary is given based on demonstrated financial need.
Award: An award is a general category that may include a number of criteria such as community contributions, leadership, extra-curricular activities, academic achievement or financial need, among others.
To learn more about an award and see whether you are eligible to apply, click on the award name. Each award has different criteria.
How to apply
To apply for any award or for multiple awards, there is a single application and waiver. Students will complete ONE application and waiver, identify the awards to which they are applying, and submit any additional application materials separately.
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY! New awards are frequently added to this page.
Applications can be submitted in person at the Student Services Centre, Ayamdigut Campus, or electronically to email@example.com. For more information please contact the Student Services Centre at 867.668.8720.
In addition to the awards listed here, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance through Yukon Government programs and First Nation Funding programs. Visit the Financial Assistance page to learn more.
Small’s Expediting Business Administration Bursary: $750
Application Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2016
Small’s Expediting Services wishes to make a $750 bursary available to a mature student* enrolled in Yukon College’s Business Administration Certificate or Diploma program with an interest in business and entrepreneurship.
Founded in 2004 by entrepreneur, and Yukon College alumnus, John Small, Small’s Expediting Services is a Yukon company providing logistical and transportation support to exploration, mining and oil and gas industries in the Territory.
• be Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
• have been a Yukon resident for a minimum of two years as of the date of award application;
• be registered in Yukon College’s Business Administration Certificate or Diploma Program;
• be able to demonstrate financial need with a personal expenses budget;
• be a mature student as defined by Yukon College.
• Ability to meet above mandatory criteria;
* Mature Student Status is granted to those applicants 19 years of age or older, or 17 years of age and out of school for at least one year.