We can help you achieve your educational goals. A lack of financial support can be a barrier. Yukon College and our donors understand the value of an education. That's why we offer several financial awards to help support your educational and living costs. There are three types of awards:
Scholarship: A scholarship is given in recognition of academic excellence.
Bursary: A bursary is given based on demonstrated financial need.
Award: An award is a general category that may include a number of criteria such as community contributions, leadership, extra-curricular activities, academic achievement or financial need, among others.
To learn more about an award and see whether you are eligible to apply, click on the award name. Each award has different criteria.
How to apply
To apply for any award or for multiple awards, there is a single application and waiver. Students will complete ONE application and waiver, identify the awards to which they are applying, and submit any additional application materials separately.
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY! New awards are frequently added to this page.
Applications can be submitted in person at the Student Services Centre, Ayamdigut Campus, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please contact the Student Services Centre at 867.668.8720.
In addition to the awards listed here, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance through Yukon Government programs and First Nation Funding programs. Visit the Financial Assistance page to learn more.
Whitehorse Motors Visual Arts Award: $1,000
Application Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2016
Whitehorse Motors is the official Ford Dealership serving Whitehorse and area. They are locally owned and operated and are active sponsors and volunteers in the community.
As part of their commitment to Yukon and Yukoners, Whitehorse Motors would like to provide a $1,000 award to a Yukon student enrolled full-time in a visual arts program at Yukon College.
• Be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
• Have been a Yukon resident for a minimum of two years as of the date of award application.
• Be registered as a full-time student in a visual arts or visual arts business program.
• Demonstrate financial need and indicate sources of funding that you receive.
• Provide a 200 word description of your goals and career plans, including a description of how your program of choice will help you meet these goals.
• The successful applicant will be chosen based on ability to meet stated criteria and demonstrated financial need.
• In the event of a tie, the goals and career plans letter will be used to make a final decision.
• If no eligible Yukon students, other applicants may be considered upon consultation with Whitehorse Motors.