We can help you achieve your educational goals. A lack of financial support can be a barrier. Yukon College and our donors understand the value of an education. That's why we offer several financial awards to help support your educational and living costs. There are three types of awards:
Scholarship: A scholarship is given in recognition of academic excellence.
Bursary: A bursary is given based on demonstrated financial need.
Award: An award is a general category that may include a number of criteria such as community contributions, leadership, extra-curricular activities, academic achievement or financial need, among others.
All applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
To learn more about an award and see whether you are eligible to apply, click on the award name. Each award has different criteria.
How to apply
To apply for any award or for multiple awards, there is a single application and waiver. Students will complete ONE application and waiver, identify the awards to which they are applying, and submit any additional application materials separately.
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY! New awards are frequently added to this page.
Applications can be submitted in person at the Student Services Centre, Ayamdigut Campus, or electronically to email@example.com. For more information please contact the Student Services Centre at 867.668.8720.
In addition to the awards listed here, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance through Yukon Government programs and First Nation Funding programs. Visit the Financial Assistance page to learn more.
Yukon College Entrance Award: Full year of tuition
Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Yukon College offers entrance awards for new full-time students who have been accepted into a Yukon College certificate, diploma or degree students and who demonstrate financial need. Three full academic year tuition waiver awards are available.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Have a Yukon College letter of acceptance into a certificate, diploma or degree program. (Note: partnership university programs and post-graduate certificates are not eligible);
- Be entering for the first time full-time studies at Yukon College (minimum 9 credits);
- Complete the Award Application;
- Provide a completed budget demonstrating your financial need; and
- Provide a 300-word (approx.) letter detailing work and life goals and how your selected program at Yukon College will further these goals.