We can help you achieve your educational goals. A lack of financial support can be a barrier. Yukon College and our donors understand the value of an education. That's why we offer several financial awards to help support your educational and living costs. There are three types of awards:
Scholarship: A scholarship is given in recognition of academic excellence.
Bursary: A bursary is given based on demonstrated financial need.
Award: An award is a general category that may include a number of criteria such as community contributions, leadership, extra-curricular activities, academic achievement or financial need, among others.
All applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
To learn more about an award and see whether you are eligible to apply, click on the award name. Each award has different criteria.
How to apply
To apply for any award or for multiple awards, there is a single application and waiver. Students will complete ONE application and waiver, identify the awards to which they are applying, and submit any additional application materials separately.
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY! New awards are frequently added to this page.
Applications can be submitted in person at the Student Services Centre, Ayamdigut Campus, or electronically to email@example.com. For more information please contact the Student Services Centre at 867.668.8720.
In addition to the awards listed here, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance through Yukon Government programs and First Nation Funding programs. Visit the Financial Assistance page to learn more.
Yukon Fish and Game Award: $500
Application Deadline: Friday, September 29, 2017
The Yukon Fish and Game Association (YFGA) exists for the purpose of educating the public on participating in the environment in a responsible manner, specifically: better wildlife management; improving wildlife habitat; and promoting sportsmanship.
YFGA would like to provide a $500 award to a student in one of the following programs: Renewable Resources Management diploma; Northern Environmental and Conservation Sciences degree, Northern Outdoor and Environmental Studies diploma; or the Northern Science diploma.
• be Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
• have been a resident of the Yukon for past three months;
• be full-time Yukon College students;
• be current members of Yukon Fish and Game Association;
• be enrolled in any year of the following programs - Renewable Resources Management diploma; Northern Environmental and Conservation Sciences degree, Northern Outdoor and Environmental Studies diploma; or the Northern Science diploma;
• provide a paragraph detailing your goals and what you want to do with this education.
• ability to meet above mandatory criteria;
• students with a passion for conservation are a priority